Bump in Progress had me beat.
I tried and tried to fix the toc .epub error. I even added a table of contents. At one point I added the phrase attempt ’50ish’ to the end of my .doc file. Frustration finally won out and I abandoned it. It was still on Smashwords, still on Amazon (with new cover), still on CreateSpace but it just wasn’t in the Premium Catalogue anymore. I could live with that.
At the beginning of the month they sent me a courtesy email reminding me that the abandoned book did not have Premium status. Again I decided I could live with it and disregarded the email. To finish my story I have to go sideways a bit. I have written a book under another name and it is with my dear beloved beta reader. While my book is waiting her hectic life to slow down so she can read it I decided to work on my styles and toc.
A chapter in the Smashwords guide I fool-heartly didn’t read. Even against their repeated expressed advice not to skip any parts. I didn’t have a table of contents! Why did I need to read it? Well after reading it and making a toc for my adult book I dove into fixing my bump in progress. Using information obtained in the seemingly unneeded chapter of the guide.
I am pleased to share that the book sailed through it’s .file checks. And while it churned at the place in cyber space where they process books at Smashwords I tweaked soft returns, regular returns, pt spaces and the such to eliminate weird blank pages. Finally arriving at a version I was pleased with. (It even sailed through .mobi file checks which it never did before. This always hung me up and I would just uncheck the box for .mobi conversion.) This is the current version of the Willow Series with the now white cover! Onto purple!